OTHER NEWS





Keep you and your children safe. Find the latest Product Recalls here.




BEWARE OF THE DEADLY TOXINS IN YOUR HOME - What you don't know about many common household products

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lisa Guerrero Writes for LA Times

For More UNCENSORED PICTURES OF LISA GUERRERO
Lisa Guerrero has covered Super Bowls, NBA championships and the World Series, along with the Oscars, Emmys and Grammys. As an actress, she has appeared on "Frasier,'' "The George Lopez Show'' and as Billy Baldwin's long-suffering wife in the award-winning family film, "A Plumm Summer,'' which she executive-produced.

When I told a friend that I'd be writing for the L.A. Times, she told her husband. His response was, "Really? Did she get fat?''





Now I know from experience that the camera adds 15 pounds, but I had no idea that picking up a pen and pad would give me a big butt. However, one glance at the sportswriters in the Dodgers press box would confirm that theory.

When you're hidden behind a laptop instead of preening in front of a camera, there's a natural tendency to inhale a few more Dodger Dogs and let those pounds add up.

So at this point after noticing the byline and not-at-all retouched photo, you may be asking yourself, "Hey, isn't that the chick that used to cover sports, got fired by 'Monday Night Football' and stripped down for Playboy?''

Um, yes, But despite these stellar qualifications, allow me to explain how I ended up here.

One day last June after muddling through yet another one of T.J. Simers' rants -- this time targeting me -- I picked up a pen and delivered a shot of my own.





Inspired by Barack Obama and his "Change We Can Believe In,'' I proposed my change for Page 2. I asked The Times to please allow me to go head to head with T.J. in a write-off. We would each write one column a week for one month and let your readers decide who should write for Page 2. I wasn't kidding!

Amazingly, Sports Editor Randy Harvey contacted me and asked if I was really serious about wanting to write for The Times.

Yup.

In weeks to come, I'll be writing about sports from an entertainment and pop culture perspective in the Fabulous Forum on latimes.com.

So here I am, armed with pen and paper and fueled by a strong cup of joe. But mostly strong opinions.

--Lisa Guerrero

No comments: